Rice – 400 gm
Chicken (julienne cut) – 100 gm
Medium sized prawn (only meat) – 100 gm
Chilli Bean sauce – 2 tbsp
Light Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
White vinegar – 2 tbsp
Black rice vinegar or Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
Spring onion (chopped) – 5 tbsp
Carrot (small dice cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Onion (small square cut) – 1 cup
Garlic (small cube cut) – 2.5 tbsp
Vegetable/Sunflower oil – 5 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Mix the chicken and prawn with white vinegar and keep aside.
2. Boil the rice keeping slightly hard and drain out the water. Set aside.
3. Mix the light soy sauce and balsamic vinegar (or black rice vinegar) in a small cup and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in wok. Keep high heat.
5. Add onion, garlic, spring onion and carrot. Stir fry.
6. Add chilli bean sauce and stir fry until the red oil is visible in the wok.
7. Add the mixture of light soy sauce and vinegar. Stir and mix.
8. Add the chicken and prawn. Stir fry and mix well with the sauce.
9. Add the rice and mix the sauce evenly until the color becomes evenly reddish.
10. Taste and adjust salt.
11. Stir and fry the rice at the same high heat.
12. Dish out and serve hot.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.