Standard Egg Noodles (tan mien) – 100 gm
Green capsicum (thin long cut) – 0.5 cup
Green chilli (slit into two pieces) – 6
Garlic (small cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Medium sized onion (long thin cut) – 1
Spring onion (chopped) – 2 tbsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 1 tsp
Egg – 1
Chilli Bean sauce – 1 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tsp
White wine vinegar – 1 tsp
White vinegar – 1 tsp
Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp
Butter – 1.5 tbsp
Salt and custard sugar – to taste
1. Boil the noodles in water with 0.5 tsp of oil and drain the water. Mix another 0.5 tsp of oil with the noodles and keep aside.
2. Fry the egg. Cut into one inch sized pieces and keep aside.
3. Heat the wok at high heat and add the remaining oil and the butter.
4. Add onion, spring onion and capsicum. Stir fry.
5. Add garlic, green chilli and black pepper. Stir fry.
6. Add chilli bean sauce and stir fry.
7. Add dark soy sauce, white wine vinegar and white vinegar. Stir fry.
8. Taste and adjust salt and sugar.
9. Add the fried egg and coat the egg with the sauce mixture.
10. Add noodles and lower the heat to medium. Mix well.
11. Again increase the heat to high and stir fry the noodles.
12. Taste and adjust salt, sugar and white vinegar if required.
13. Dish out and serve hot.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.