Chicken (leg meat, cube cut) – 200 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Green chilli (chopped) – 1.5 tbsp
Ginger (cube cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Green capsicum (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Rice vinegar – 1.5 tsp
Shaoxing wine – 1 tsp
Fermented black beans (rinsed) – 3 tbsp
Peanut oil – 3 tbsp
Sesame oil – 0.5 tsp
Black pepper – 0.5 tsp
Salt and sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, mix with 1 tbsp of soy sauce and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the wok, keep the wok at high heat and add all the peanut oil to it.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, green chilli and black pepper. Stir fry quickly.
4. When the garlic is slightly fried, add capsicum, black beans and the remaining soy sauce to wok and stir fry quickly for some time until the aroma comes out.
5. Add salt, sugar and continue stir frying. Taste the seasoning and adjust if required.
6. Add the chicken and stir fry so that the sauce mixture coats the chickens and the chicken is cooked. Add the wine and vinegar and toss to mix well.
7. Finish by adding the sesame oil and mixing well.
8. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.