Chicken (leg meat, medium sized boneless cut) – 250 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2.5 tbsp
Hot garlic sauce – 3.5 tbsp
Tomato puree – 5 tbsp
Honey – 2 tbsp
Corn flour – 4 tbsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Egg white – 1
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying chicken
Brown sugar – to taste
Salt – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, add the corn flour, egg white and baking powder to it and mix well. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 4 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add garlic to it. Stir fry until the garlic is slightly brownish and aroma comes out.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and add hot garlic sauce to the wok and stir fry quickly for some time until the aroma comes out.
7. Add the tomato puree and stir well to mix.
8. Add honey and stir well to mix.
9. Add salt, sugar and stir to mix quickly. Taste the seasoning and adjust if required.
10. Add the chicken and stir fry so that the sauce mixture coats the chicken pieces. Increase the heat to high again and toss quickly to mix well.
11. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.