Chicken leg meat (boneless small cube cut) – 250 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Onion (petal cut) – 2 medium-sized
Soy sauce – 2 tsp
Chinese five spice powder – 0.5 tsp
Black pepper – 0.75 tsp
Brown sugar – to taste
Salt – to taste
Vegetable or peanut oil – 5 tbsp
1. Drain water from the chicken and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces to it and stir fry.
4. Continue stir frying until the chicken pieces turn light brownish.
5. Add the garlic to it. Stir fry until the garlic is slightly brownish and aroma comes out.
6. Add onion, five spice powder and black pepper. Stir fry until the onion petals turn semi-soft.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and add soy sauce to the wok and stir quickly.
8. Taste the seasoning and add sugar and salt accordingly. Toss quickly on high heat.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.