Any big fish – e.g. bhetki or shol or rui (cut into medium-sized pieces – boneless or with bone and with skin) – 300 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tsp
Onion (petal cut) – 1 medium-sized
Soy sauce – 2 tsp
Balsamic vinegar – 0.75 tsp
Black pepper – 0.5 tsp
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying fish
Salt – to taste
1. Drain water from the fish, add salt to it and mix well.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the fish pieces until brown and keep aside.
4. Keep tentatively 5 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add garlic to it. Stir fry until the garlic is slightly brownish and aroma comes out.
6. Add onion and black pepper. Stir fry until the onion petals turn soft.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and add soy sauce and vinegar to the wok and stir quickly.
8. Add the fish pieces and toss well to mix.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.