Chicken leg meat (boneless small cube cut) – 200 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Spring onion (chopped) – 2.5 tbsp
Green capsicum (small cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 2 tsp
White rice vinegar – 0.75 tsp
Shaoxing wine – 0.75 tsp
Black pepper (crushed) – 4 tsp
Sichuan peppercorn (crushed) – 0.5 tsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Castor sugar – to taste
Salt – to taste
Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
1. Drain water from the chicken and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces to it and stir fry.
4. Continue stir frying until the chicken pieces turn light brownish.
5. Add the garlic to it. Stir fry until the garlic is slightly brownish and aroma comes out.
6. Add 2 tbsp of spring onion, sichuan peppercorn and the black pepper. Stir fry quickly.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and add soy sauce, wine, vinegar, sugar and salt to the wok and stir quickly.
8. Mix the corn flour with the water and add to wok. Mix well.
9. Taste the seasoning and adjust sugar and salt accordingly. Mix well quickly on high heat.
10. Remove from heat, garnish with the remaining spring onion and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.