Chicken (boneless cubes from leg meat) – 250 gm
Orange juice – 0.25 cup
Orange zest – 0.5 tsp
Garlic (cube cut) – 2 tbsp
Spring onion (chopped) – 3 tbsp
Sesame seeds – 0.75 tsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Chili garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
Red wine – 1 tsp
Chinese rice wine – 1.5 tsp
Corn flour – 4 tsp
Baking powder – 0.5 tsp
Egg white – 1
Cold water – 0.25 cup
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying chicken
Chicken broth – 3 tbsp
Salt & sugar – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, add the corn flour, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, water, egg white, salt and baking powder to it and mix well. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. In a bowl, add the orange juice, orange zest, chili garlic paste, chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, red wine, rice wine and 1 tsp of corn flour. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Take sufficient oil in wok. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken pieces until light brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add the garlic to it. Stir fry until garlic turns slight golden and aroma comes out.
6. Reduce the heat and quickly add the sauce mixture. Stir quickly.
7. Taste the sauce mixture and adjust the seasoning by adding water, salt and sugar as required. Stir to mix quickly.
8. Add the chicken followed by 2 tbsp of spring onion and stir so that the sauce mixture coats the chicken pieces. Increase the heat to high again and toss quickly to mix well.
9. Remove from heat, add the sesame seeds and the remaining spring onion for garnishing and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.