Chicken (boneless cubes) – 250 gm
Garlic (cube cut) – 1.5 tbsp
Green chili (chopped) – 1 tbsp
Green capsicum (julienne cut) – 0.5 cup
Dark soy sauce – 0.75 tsp
Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – 3.5 tsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 2 tsp
Baking powder – 0.5 tsp
Egg white – 1
Vegetable oil – sufficient for deep frying chicken
Black pepper – 0.5 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Drain water from the chicken, add the corn flour, 1 tsp of vegetable oil, egg white, black pepper and baking powder to it and mix well. Keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in wok.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and keep aside (can be kept on a paper towel to soak the extra oil in it).
4. Keep tentatively 4 tbsp of oil in the wok and remove the remaining oil from it.
5. Heat the oil and add the garlic to it. Stir fry until it turns slight golden.
6. Add capsicum and green chilis. Stir fry quickly.
7. Reduce the heat and quickly add the dark soy sauce, tomato sauce, honey and vinegar. Stir quickly to mix well.
8. Taste the sauce mixture and adjust salt, and stir to mix quickly.
9. Add the chicken and stir fry so that the sauce mixture coats the chicken pieces. Increase the heat to high again and toss quickly to mix well.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot immediately.
Note: All the quantities of the ingredients mentioned here are relative and tentative. It may vary based on preferences of individuals in some cases.