Chicken wings especially with skin-on is one of the most famous and popular delicacies across the world. This popularity is because of the wide variety of recipes cooked with it. These varieties originate from far east to extreme west, each recipe having its own fabulous flavour to mesmerize the foodies. Probably we all know that this list is endless and the great creative minds who love to experiment with recipes frequently come up with something new every day or after.
No exception with me when I got a pack of fresh wings few weeks back. I couldn’t resist myself to take the risk of experimenting with it but my attempt succeeded and something very very delicious came out from my wok. I couldn’t think of depriving my reader foodies from the recipe. Here is a small gift from my kitchen. Stay safe, cook it and… cook it all!
Stir-fried Chicken Wings – A take with Oyster Sauce
- Mortar & Pestle
- Paper Towel
- 500 gm Chicken Wings with skin
- 1 tbsp Egg White marinade
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic Paste marinade
Spices, Sauces & Oils
- ½ tbsp Cornflour marinade
- 2 tbsp Sherry Wine Vinegar marinade
- ½ wok Vegetable Oil deep fry and stir fry
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- ½ tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- ⅓ tbsp Rice Wine
- 1 pinch Crushed Black Pepper
- 3 pinch Salt marinade
- Clean the chicken wings and mix with all the marinade ingredients using hand. The marinades should spread as evenly as possible to all the joints and surfaces of the wings.
- Refrigerate the wings for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the wing in the wok half filled with oil. But the wings should not turn too much brown. Take those out of the oil when the colour turns light golden.
- Keep aside in a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Remove the oil used in deep frying from the wok keeping tentatively 3 table spoons of oil in it.
- Turn the heat high and bring the chicken back to the wok.
- Immediately add the oyster sauce and dark soy sauce to the wok and stir fry. Ensure the sauces mix well.
- Add the black pepper and salt to taste and continue stir frying.
- Finish with a dash of rice wine.
- Dish out and serve hot immediately.